Thursday, March 19, 2015

Mixed Bag...

The weather is cooling down here at Lower Wondinong... the days are much more pleasant to be doing things outside and the nights are cooling to needing a rug... 
I am a Summer girl but this year the humidity has been awful...
after living on a sheep station for 34 years and 72km from the local town,
 4 hours in one direction and 7 in the other direction to the nearest cities,
this is the first time I have ever ever ever had flowers delivered to my door in 34 years!
 they were from a very sweet girl... totally blown away...
As you can see the veggie patch is still producing
 these pumpkins came off vines that were self sown from my compost...
oh and there are still more out there!!!
 Our big Man had his first motorbike ride 
with his Chuck this week... wasn't to sure at first but loved it by the time he got off...
I have been crocheting for my DD1, it isn't for her but friends of both my girls, they are expecting their 2nd baby in a couple of weeks 
(after tragically losing their first during pregnancy)... 
she was caught touching my daughters rug and rubbing her hands over it... 
so DD1 thought she might like one.
 it is bigger than a pram or cradle rug
this is the wool I used and the big hook both from Spotlight...
well I am off to get organised before a fella comes to look over my computer... it has been playing up something chronic... driving both me and hubby up the wall... blue screen, white screen, shutting off, dumping, no screen but sound... it has been doing it for a couple of years and we have had it looked at several time but nothing is every found.............. but now we live near civilisation some one can come to the house yippeee and maybe find if it is our set up hahaha

5 comments:

  1. What a special gift the rug will be. I'm sure the recipients will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tarnyia,

    I can imagine the fun of receiving the knock on the door and flowers being delivered.The pumpkins look great, lots of different varieties too. Have fun crocheting the rug. I can certainly see the family resemblance with the big and little one!

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice to have those beautiful flowers come to your door!
    Your Big Man looks like he is enjoying his ride with Chuck....
    How thoughful of you to knit the cuddley rugs for the special babes...
    Hope you get those computer issues fixed Tarnyia....

    ReplyDelete
  4. the thrill of delivered flowers... and so pretty... how cute is the two boys on the bike and I love the clever stitch you are doing with the baby rug...
    Hguz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flowers! How lovely, enjoy then Tarnyia!
    Great to see your little man enjoying his motorbike ride... & the crochet is beautiful, what a lovely gift for the family after their terrible previous loss.
    Seems I'm the only one in blogland at the moment who is NOT crocheting!

    ReplyDelete