Saturday, April 24, 2010


A Long Post.................
After weeks of 5am starts for mustering... shearing has been and gone for another year... and I am able to post all that I have been doing during this time.... helping bring sheep down to the paddocks... cooking... sewing... cleaning... being a nurse (scary for the sick/injured person)
This is me driving the Toyota with the crate on the back... that's right the sun isn't even up yet... aren't people on the land mad!!!!!! There are 3 motorbikes travelling in front of me... but you cant see them as it is too dark... I did say ''people on the land are mad''...............
This is not a fire... it is the sun coming up... actually it is a beautiful time of the morning with all the birds singing away... I even saw 2 swan's on a pool of water... I did try to get a photo but it was too dark...
Shearing is over all I seem to do was cook cook cook and wash and clean... lucky the team brings their own cook with them and that's all she has to do is cook... not look after a house and yards with heaps of garden and any other little thing that gets thrown your way... but hey it's only for a few days... the shearer's all left yesterday and I have spent the morning cleaning bathrooms and washing all the mattress protectors... we have a group of 16 booked in from the AG Dept on the 4th May... with ALL meals included... and with going to Perth on Wednesday we need to have all the rooms made up before we go... Last night we had toast for dinner hahahaha
Kevin the Gnome...
These cute little fellas are a ''no sew swap'' that I am doing with the girls at Bobbie's site... we are using the pattern from FatCat with permission... there are 9 of us in the swap... and I have stuck down 12 and just cant wait to start receive so I can start sewing them... love them... all of FatCat patterns are so cute and so easy to follow... Now Bobbie's site has been opened up to invite others in... so if you are interested go look.............. but we are only really open to Aussie girls... sorry....
Some Lovely Friends Sent Me....
A very lovely lady "Maureen" sent me this block... it is so beautifully stitched... Maureen lives in Canada and is taking classes in redwork... well I think she is getting top marks or should be... thank you for the gift and I will be making it into something very soon....
And the very sweet Val sent me these... the white stuff is ''whisper welt''... Val uses it on the back of her hand stitching and she sent me some last year to try and I tell you it is wonderful stuff... but I just don't see it here at all... it is so soft...
Isn't the little embroidery beautiful... I am thinking of making myself one of those journals I made and putting this on the cover........ for me..... thank you my sweet friend....
Life Is A Celebration....
Blocks 3, 4, 5 and 6 (still stitching 6) These I have been catching up with while shearing has been on... while I have been waiting for the workers to come in for meals I had been stealing a few minutes here and there...
I am just loving these BOM's they are so cute... sweet and relaxing...
The sayings make you think about those in your life and how important family and life is and that we should enjoy each other more....
During this past week we had some tragic news... one of Greg's cousins... her eldest son 23 yrs old... was killed in a horrible car accident... he still hasn't been formally identified yet and his Mum has had to give her DNA.... he was a great kid... a real bush kid who loved his horses and his friends very much... Greg and I always said he was born 100 yrs to late... an old timer in a young body with a heart of gold.....
Love your family and hold them close...
Luv T xxx

4 comments:

  1. lots of stitching here..........shearing started yesterday.....then the four days next week...........
    sad to lose such a young life......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your colorful blocks. So cheerful, pretty and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tarnyia, sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers are with you all. Just love those gnomes and the Life's a Celebration blocks. Enjoy having those Ag department workers. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your BOMs too..they look really fabulous and makes me want to do them too :)

    ReplyDelete