Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Flu and a Finish...

Yep the dread lurgy has been in my household this past two weeks... first hubby had it and then me and for some reason I had it worst than him??? our wool was being loaded out on Monday and I was doing the hoist part... well the truckie said I should go home as they could do the last 5 bales after I had done 100 of them hahaha... my temp was up and I had both the windows open in the work ute and the air con on while operating the hoist... 
but today I feel better and even got dressed no PJ's today...
 yep I even loaded wool bales in my PJ's...
when my head wasn't throbbing to much I did work on that WIP I showed you last post 
and I have it finished....
 I quilted in all the ditches for each border...
 quilted pebbles in the centre and free motioned around the centre applique...
 free motioned around the flying geese and squiggles around them...
 I stitched in the ditch free motion in the square in the square row...
the star row is ditch stitch as well...
it has taken a few days to get it completed however it is finished and the binding is attached and sewn down in  red
and sitting on my dining room table for now...
I started this as a BOM with IFQ a few years ago... I struggled with the pinwheels round for some reason I just couldn't get into it... so my pinwheels ended up very small and only in the corners and NOT sewn very well at all...
the rest of this week I need to work on my ''secret swap'' I didn't think I was going to get it finished by the end of the month mailing deadline... I still have a week.

12 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great Tarnyia. I hope you're feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarnyia, good to read that you're feeling better... wool bales in your pj's, LOL, things must have been bad! The quilt looks fantastic, I do hope you are very pleased with your work... Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better.. how kind of the truckie to offer right at the end??? haha.... I love the quilt ... so great to have it finished eh? lots of secret stitching going on around blogland...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish Tarnyia. Hope you are feeling better soon. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:14 PM

    fantastic finish Tarnyia it looks fantstic,get better soon.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better! Your quilt is just beautiful! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are sick but glad to hear that you are getting better. Love the fact that you went to work in PJ's!!! LOL. great quilt. bet it feels good to have it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH no not the dreaded lurgy.. Pleased you are feeling better...

    Love the quilt you managed to get finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt Tarnyia. Get better soon. I always knew Pj's made a great uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did well to do any quilting at all when you were feeling so bad. Its a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do hope you are both feeling better very soon.
    I love the way your quilt turned out! I keep saying I'm going to make a medallion quilt, but I haven't done it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are feeling better. I don't know if I could do all the work you did while feeling ill. You are amazing! Your quilt is so fun and cheerful. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete