Saturday, August 28, 2010

Christmas Is A Coming.........
As much as we don't want it coming it is and fast...
I can not believe how fast this year is zooming only a few days and it will be September...
And seeing that Christmas is just around the corner my Aussie and Canadian friends at ''Applique -Quilting" have started our ''Xmas pressie swap'' in other words ''Secret Santa''...
This year we are doing table runners... there are rules and posting dates as there must be...
One rule is ''Christmas colours or fabric''... another is it MUST have some applique on it and the applique must be a suitable size for your runner size... and the applique MUST be stitched...
I have chosen to use Christmas fabrics and to use both piecing and applique...
Here are a couple of sneak peaks...
A braid for the centre... this was the first time that I have done a braid... I had one set of instructions that said use a foundation and do you think I could keep it straight on that......
geez no way....
my lovely friend Annie Mac helped me out with some emailed instruction and away I went with no trouble at all...
And a sneak peak of my applique which I am in the process of sewing by machine...
You will get a look at the finished product once all quilted and binded...
Luv T xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hello Tarnyia,

    Your swap partner will love it. I am glad you found some easy instructions. I love the blue quilt in the previous post. I am sure the baby and Mum will love it.
    Happy Sunday.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is sneaking up on us far too quickly isn't it??....Christmas I mean!! Looks great so far and you've done a fantastic job with the braid.
    XXX sugary hugs Wendy :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even from a little sneak peak it looks pretty and festive. Your lucky partner is going to be very happy to receive it. Your star baby blanket is so cute too. I love how you made it extra warm and snuggly.

    ReplyDelete