Saturday, August 07, 2010

Flowers and a Block
It's starting to warm up here unusually so for this time of the year... well not as warm as it has been for the past few days...
so it looks like there is no winter rain to come and we will be relying on summer thunderstorms and cyclone's... and lets hope that is a promise from the weather people...
Meanwhile my garden is starting to bloom... the mini petunia's are starting to flower and doing quite well in the pots but really crappy in the garden...
And my beautiful favourite double jonquils are doing so well...
along with their single friends
their smell is so powerful...
I have picked a few from around the garden beds for inside
as this year their heads are so heavy they are falling down into the red dirt...
but they look and smell so beautiful in the house... I can smell them right through the whole house...
the ever faithful Marguerite Daisy... I have Rannuculi's planted everywhere and they are really taking off in this warmer weather...
there will be a great show of colour once they are flowering...

And the second little corner block of the Homespun BOM
Very sweet... camera doesn't play nice early in the morning...
Luv T xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tarnyia....has been a while since I've hopped around my fave blogs...been so busy at work!!! Just read about your two brothers...how tragic for you and your family! My heart goes out to you.
    Your plants are doing beautifully and I love all of your blocks! I know what you mean about making some quilts with some 'future' plan of grandchildren....my 'future plan' is only 15yrs old so I might put my kiddy quilts on hold for another ten years or so, otherwise they'll rot!!! LOL
    love and sugary hugs
    Wendy XXX :O}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers look lovely! How nice for it to be spring time again! We're just coming to the end of summer here. I love fall but I don't like winter so much. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tarnyia, love the blooms. The jonquils really do have that perfume don't they,mine are yet to flower. I know what you mean about rain,"Where the bloody hell is it?"
    Love the Homespun block.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete