Thursday, August 26, 2010

Health
OK so I have decided that I need to get healthy again oh and a bit fitter...
I use to do Tae Bo, ride my push bike 10 km, swim oh and walk...
but then my hips started playing up.. badly.. like coming out of their socket and yeah I know you are saying ''no way'' but yes way... to the point that I would fall or be in a huge amount of pain until it clicked back in.. so off to doc's I go...
2 operations later and a heap of metal in one and a fair amount of weight...........
but do you know last visit I was told I need to live near a heated pool so I can swim all year round and a gym so I can strengthen the muscles, ligaments and tendons... he knows I don't live anywhere near these things so low impact is what I need to do... no jumping up and down no running... and can't ride my bike as the knee's don't do to well these days...
ANYWAY.....
I got myself one of those pedometers..... mmmmmmmmmmmm what I have realise is that
I DO NOT take enough steps in my day.... 10 000 steps is what you need to start to make a difference in your fitness.... I have been managing 5000 if lucky... but I have been doing a lot more walking around my yard even if it is just to see what is flowering... walking to the silo to give the pets their lupins and walking up to the shearer's quarters to check on tourists...
and I have managed to get to the 10 000 steps on these days...
but........
I have also noticed that I am being wakened up by hip pain in the night....
which I am just going to have to live with as that will not change and I do need hip replacements but we are trying to get out of my 40's before we need to do that...
I am going to keep walking and once the mornings get a little warmer I am going to go for and early morning walk each day... not far down the road just enough to get some more steps on the pedometer....
Oh and I do have a wii board that my kids brought me for my birthday and I have been doing about half an hour a day on that and that is so much fun... plenty of giggling there....
AND
don't forget about my 100 post give away... you only need to be a follower and I will draw out of that list...
Luv T xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wow...I commisserate with you Tarnyia on your way to keep fit. Its a hard battle at times especially when you have problems like you do. I hope things improve for you and you are not in pain anymore. Hugssss...I also have got one of those pedometers and used it about 4 times. I must get back into the walking again...or something! Maybe I need to find a heated pool close by too. Take care and hugs Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Tarnyia it will be better with nicer weather walking the dog helps hahaha
    Love Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tarnyia,

    Maybe a spa could be on the shopping list. I walk for 45 mins twice a day and it certainly makes a difference. Have you tried fish oil tablets?
    Good luck with it all.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will buy a pedometer and walk every day like you. I have weight problem to fix, good challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch - can't be easy with all that pain in the hips. My pedometer is still in the drawer - haha....... so you are way ahead of me on the fitness. Perhaps I should learn to use it!! Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok let it begin there T, I too need to walk so I best get a new ped and we can do this together. You can do it girl.

    ReplyDelete