Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Little Bit Of Crocheting...
A few weeks ago my sister asked me if I could crochet a throw rug like hers for a friend who was celebrating her 40th birthday... she wanted to give her friend something that she would have forever and usable... and her friend liked her throw...
the request from my sister was for chocolate brown and cream...
so I did 4 rows of each round and round and round...
actually it is a great time of the year to make a granny rug... you keep warm as it grows...
this will be in the mail tomorrow to the friend who lives in Sydney and I am sure she will be snuggling up under it that night as I see it has been quite chilly there...
I used wool which isn't wool so the rug can be machine washed over and over...
and I live on a ''sheep station'' a breeder of wool hahahaha...

4 comments:

  1. That is a decent sized rug! How long did it take you? and how much "wool"? I am finishing a rug I started when my boys were babies! They are fifteen now and it is nearly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your rug! I also love to crochet during winter months...feels so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rug and agree it is a lovely time to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a lovely sister to crochet the lovely rug for your sister to send to her friend.

    ReplyDelete