Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Finish... A Gift... Plus More...
The Hubby has been away in Perth for a couple of days.............. so I took over the lounge room with my sewing machine...
This block is a swap that I have joined at IFQ it is ''mosaic tiles'' so far I have collected 5 and this one is for my new partner Kitty... she sent me the centre square and all I had to do was match up some colours... it will be in the mail to her tomorrow...
I also added my friendship stars that I was making to my ''ostrich quilt''... I have opted out of putting the other two borders on..... so I am being and ''ostrich''... I just need to get some thin batting and this will be a table cloth... stay tuned for a finished photo of this one and then I can take it off my list....
A finish.......
Number 9 ''Shattered Glass Poppy Table Runner'' finished... I did start this uuuuummmmm about 4 years ago maybe then forgot about it... so I spent last week machine stitching around each petal, leaf and stem and I can tell you that is a boring job but the look is great once finished...
The patterns are by Dianne Johnston she has a great range of different products.... next one of hers I have to finish is a ''calla lily'' hanging....
A Gift...
These very extra long oven mitts are for a friend of mine who runs the local bakery and I am sick of seeing her with burns up her arms from the trays... she is a weeny little thing and the trays can be quite heavy and she can't get anything long enough to cover her arms... so tomorrow I will surprise her with her very own ''extra long oven mitts'' with butterflies on as they are her favourite little creature... and if the work okay I will make her another pair...
Hubby has been in Perth getting the new 2nd hand car.... a 2006 Prado... he has just pulled up 15 mins ago... exciting a new car... our other car a Toyota Landcriuser was 10 yrs old... and now we don't have any kids at home and no trips to and thro from Perth with boarding school stuff we can down size WOOHOO.... it smells new but after being on a dirt road for the last 72kms its covered in dust hahaha........
Today at 6am it was 35 and by 12.30 it was 44 and even the pool water was warm today
Luv T xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Waouh, busy, busy Tarnyia !
    Love the table runner & the mittens !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work Tarnyia I love the table runner where did you get the pattern its lovely your friend will be so happy with the oven gloves your ostrich quilt looks good too busy busy lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly me I did not read I will check out Dianne Johnstons site Thanks Tarnyia

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. Love the table runner and what a good friend you are to make her some long oven mitts. (a side note: my book arrived for the basket quilt! I am so excited to get started)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a wonderful thing to do for your friend at the bakery! Well done. And are u sure u want to make that other into just a tablecloth?? What if someone spills the beetroot or something? I'd cry my eyes out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous oven mits, what an awesome idea for your friend!!!

    Take Care
    Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete