Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Secret Project and Some Shopping
I am making another ''Double 9 Patch'' but as a throw and it is a secret and I can't say much as the person checks my blog hahahahaha... most of the greens I got last year for my birthday in a ''6 inch charm square''.... I trimmed them all up with this project in mind...
All sewn and chopped and ready to be re-sewn... stay tuned....

Yesterday at my local group we had a workshop with Pauline Rogers from ''Quilters World'' absolutely wonderful and so worth the day in town... Pauline's workshop was based on our tools and what we need and what we don't need and what is causing us so much grief when cutting and measuring....
Sorry for the photo quality it is very overcast here and the room is reflecting light badly...
I purchased quite a few ''tools''... must haves... and wants... hehehe
I swore I would never make bias but hey a girl can change her mind... I bought a couple of the larger ones as Pauline showed us a new wonderful way to do quilt as you go... and one day when I do it I will show you how with photo's....
The little packet in the middle contains a ''tapered tailor's awl'' so handy to use at your sewing machine for keeping seams down...
Now these to beauties are "must haves and needs"... Pauline used the ''sew slip'' mat on her machine when she gave a demo on ''motion free sewing'' and the difference it made was unbelievable and i can not wait to use it... the other ''mesh transfer canvas'' what a tool to have... all those dark backgrounds that you don't use because you cant see the pencil marks... this is just the baby for that....
A glue pen with to refills.. this could replace heat and bond in my sewing room and the pencil with a refill of lead and white lead... using the white lead for the mesh transfer canvas...
and this weeny baby I just fell in love with... lust passion a ''I want''.... this can be left on as it draws hardly any power and with having solar power so handy....

Now these rulers are just wonderful... Pauline spoke how most rulers have thicker lines at the one inch mark... she pointed out how this can not be one inch as the line is so much thicker therefore putting your measurements out... these rulers have all their lines the same thickness and the best part... those white circles are grips... your fabric will not move...
I learnt so much... Pauline showed us how to make our own chenille strips instead of buying expensive ready made ones... the ideas are flying around on how I am going to use these...
All these ''tools'' are on her website plus hints and tips for all to use...
If you get a chance to go to a workshop with Pauline you will come away with fire in your belly... go check out her travelling schedule...
Luv T xxx

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see all what you made with the goodies,especially quit-as-you-go.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what lovely goodies wish iw as there trying them out with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Tarnyia, well you certainly did a bit of shopping. I hope you managed to smuggle it all in and make it look like it was always there. Have fun using them. Love the colours in your secret quilt.
    Have a great weekend.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete