Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Oh Where Oh Where...


Have I been????
No where, right here, stalking you all... I've been flat out with family.
I have had my DD2 here with her two little ones, her hubby went back to work and she still wasn't able to drive from her c-section and they still had a heap of doctor appointments to get through.
You forget how hectic a little family is............ but I wouldn't have it any other way
(crap everywhere for miles) (loved it)
Now they are back in their own home it is so FEAKIN quiet in here, takes a bit of getting use to!
So many many moons back I did do a FNWF...........
 I started the night with a mini pedi (which I did myself)....
when I lived on the station and each I came down to Perth I would get a pedicure done
and I can tell ya those feet would be in a bad way, red dirt embedded in every crack.... a bit embarrassing to show them.... 
once done they were on show for every man, sheep, dog and bungarra...
But alas (sigh) since moving no magic massaged feet for me... but if that is a saving of 50 buckaroos a month............ that means.......... more spending on FABRIC (little excited wiggle dance)
back to my FNWF....
I am in a ''birthday fat quarter swap" and one person with in this group is your "special person" who you spoil.... so onto ''pulling my finger out to get it done"...
 I decided to make a table runner with applique...
love love love this blue fabric, hoping to find some more...
I dyed the plum fabric many years ago.
 Once I had all the pieces cut out and stuck down I called it a night... it was pretty late when I shut the sewing room door... after midnight well and truly. That was my FNWF...
 I decided to pebble quilt the creamy area with smaller pebbles and slightly larger ones in the blue.
Took me freakin ages to quilt those little suckers too...
 I also quilted in the ditch around each flower and their center pieces.
binding done to in the plum...
I must say I was pretty happy with the finished runner.
 and it was in the mail in plenty of time...

 Sharon from here posted here 
I think Sharon liked her pressie...
Stay tuned loads more postings to come... later!

6 comments:

  1. How could she not... Sharons table runner is GoR-JusS!
    Nice to "see" you again too. Don't be sooo long net time... xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Tarnyia you did a wonderful work , bravo ! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. New babies definitely keep us on the hop. The runner you made is exquisite. ...lucky Sharon. Although I shouldn't be too jealous as I have a gorgeous Tarnyia runner on my living room coffee table...one of my fav. things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you pop up in my reading list Tarnyia... wow you've been busy... I'm sure your family appreciate all the support you've given them... now they can go have mess from here to kingdom come, in their own house, LOL!
    Gorgeous work on the runner - fab quilting - & those toes look fab to me.
    I thought the word 'bungarra' was a word my Dad invented, but obviously not!! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your runner is beautiful.... Sharon is very lucky! Gorgeous fabric colours :o)
    Seeing you mention Bungarra's reminds me of the wonderful (not) one that use to wait for me at the bottom of the stairs of the 2 storey admin office when I worked up north. He used to hide in the shade under the stairs and you would have to try and sneak past him to go home! I was also so nervous that he would try and chase me!! :o)
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the runner is lovely............I did see Sharon's post about it..............

    ReplyDelete