Monday, April 11, 2011

Blocks blocks blocks...
This month I have been very lucky to have had to swap partners with Quilting Block Swaps Australia and both my partners are Aussies...
This is the block I made for Rosemary who requested a log cabin in greens and autumn colours...
I hadn't sewn a log cabin for so long and it was great to do one...
 My other partner Debra requested a wonk y house or tree in bright/modern colours/fabrics...
now this was a challenge as when I searched the web for a pattern they were either to small... wrong shape block... so I found a bit of a tutorial on how to do your own... and this is the end result...
 I do hope that it is what Debra wanted and I must say it was fun to do...
And...
this is my block from Rosemary
a wonky star
 and I just love it... thanks Rosemary...
Today we start shearing... we only have 3000 to shear which is pretty sad considering we generally shear between 6000 and 7000... dingo's and drought have not been good for us...
and sheep are worth so much at the moment and we have a heap of green feed..

6 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks.... all the best for a very good shear.... you farmers deserve a break...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:36 AM

    what wonderful blocks,and sad about the sheep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tarnyia,these look great and it is fun to be in swaps...now i am really worried that you package has not arrived I will give it one more week and then put together another for you,I did not realiae you would have to wait so long for packages....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blocks.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Tarnyia,

    Your partners will love the blocks you have made,that wonky house is so cute.
    Good luck with the shearing.
    Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. N I C E blocks both going and coming! AND remember "i love lamb chops"! :)

    ReplyDelete