Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Tackling The Beast and a Quickie....
Its like the saying "I must I must improve my bust"... you know when you are 13 and really really want those boobies to improve... well so must my sewing on the ''beast''... the PFAFF Expression 4.0 that is... I have been putting off attempting to do some applique on it as I am very comfortable with my 2020 PFAFF and the excuse was ''I didn't have enough bobbins for the all the different cottons".............. well I do have enough now.... so ''I must I must improve my satin stitch on the beast".... so here it goes.......
I love the bigger foot and the actual ''hole'' is bigger and clearer for seeing where you are going... plus I love the fact that I can set the speed... which is so wonderful for curves....
So far it's great and the stitches sit so lovely... I did have to play with the stitch settings to get it ''right for me''... length 2.5... width .6... I usually use .3 or .4 on the 2020 but that was too tight on the beast....
All in all it has turned out quite well... practise will make uuuuuummmm me better hehe not perfect hehehe.... I may need to use a stabiliser on the back with the beast as it did pucker a wee bit..... I seem to be able to get away with it on the 2020....

Look At These Quickies
These little beauties were so quick to knock up... I have had the tutorial save for ages and yesterday thought I'd do a couple... well I ended up doing to lots of 6....
Very very easy to do and these little coasters would make a great extra pressie... I have mores squares cut out ready in a country colour theme... you could honestly have a quick present in and hour for someone...
The sale sheep went last night off to their new home on a farm to have their lambs in a few months... sheep are worth quite a bit of money at the moment and there aren't many around... we are off to Perth in the early hours as I have a skin doctors appointment and to the dentist on Thursday... have the crown fitted and to see how the infected bone/tooth is healing...
Luv T xxx

5 comments:

  1. After search, it's the machine I would buy... if all my family give me Mother Day & Christmas gifts several years in advance... finger crossed !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sewing looks perfect to me Tarnyia :) Those coasters look special too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep Tarnyia your stitching is perfect wish mine was ?#$%%@I practice practice adjust and adjust my Janome 5700 just cant get it right love the coasters too hope everything goes ok in Perth xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Tarnyia, love the coasters. Your applique looks perfect. Good luck with the medical appointments. Happy days.
    Bev.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sewing looks great!!! You really must be starting to tame that 'beast'... LOL!!

    Hugs - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete