Thursday, February 21, 2013

The First Block...

Some friends have asked me if I would make a quilt for them
as they were expecting their first Grandie together 
and of course I said yes...
they were looking for something very Aussie to do with animals in our area
and some not hahaha
so I chose these patterns
 the Grandparents were quite excited and loved the patterns
 so I have chosen with them some of the animals from each pattern to use in one quilt
and this is the first block...
so cute I think...
and I have the dingo done just need to do the hand embroidery on it
there is quite a bit of cutting out and sewing in this quilt and it will be so worth it in the end... Oh! and the baby has arrived and it is a girl... now I can add bits of pink here and there...

do you like pin cushions?
check these out here

4 comments:

  1. Awe...that koala is so sweet! This is going to be an adorable quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your koala is so cute Tarnyia. I love how your blossom and leaves have turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Very babyish without being cartoonish. Be sure the share the finish. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the koala block, hopefully the sleeping habits will rub off on the baby!

    ReplyDelete